Audit Manager External Audit – Top 50 Firm
Are you ACA or ACCA qualified? We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager to join our UK Top 50 firm of Chartered Accountants.
Who we are
Established in 1899, we serve a diverse client base in a range of industries. Our work is focused wholly on owner managed businesses, with turnovers from circa £1 million up to £100 million. We provide a wide range of services to include audit, accountancy, accounts support, payroll bureau, tax compliance, specialist tax services, M&A and deals / transaction reports.
The firm consists of 22 partners, 5 of whom are based in Uxbridge together with 38 professional and administrative staff members.
What is the role?
The Barnes Roffe Uxbridge office currently requires an Audit (75%) and Accounts Manager (25%) to work within a team of managers.
The role consists of handling a diversified portfolio of owner managed companies with turnovers of £1 million up to £100 million.
The work mix will comprise both audit and accounting assignments. As a portfolio manager, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for running a portfolio of circa 50 clients, with annual fees in the region of £500,000 upwards.
The relevant individual will have a 2:1 degree from a British University and will be ACA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of three years PQE.
The job function will therefore include: –
- Liaising with clients and managing client expectations.
- Organising and running all accounting and audit assignments for the portfolio.
- Supervising and reviewing staff output, primarily accounts for audit production.
- Reporting directly to the partner and attending client meetings.
- Reviewing accounts and corporation tax deliverables
- Attendance and input to practice development initiatives including networking and new prospect / potential client proposals.
- Working within an existing team of managers and partners to further develop and support the growth of the office and development of the team.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Excellent knowledge of FRS102
- Proven auditing technical skills
- Good IT skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Accounting packages
- Experienced in managing the audit process from planning to completion of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of Digita and Caseware is desirable.
Where is it based?
Located on the Brook Business Centre, Uxbridge, Middlesex, our modern open-plan offices offer plenty of free parking and are easily accessible from the M25, M40 and A40 and within walking distance of the tube.
Barnes Roffe is an Equal Opportunities Employer